Once you complete the steps outlined in, How to create Masterdocs for a booking, you can share the Contract with your guest. That way, they may sign off on the terms and pay the deposit if your venue requires one. Because your venue creates documents and records payment on the Booking level, it is important that you always share the Contract from the Masterdocs tab on the Booking. E-Signature fields will only work on the Booking level, so if you share the Contract from an Event, the guest will not be able to sign their name online.
To share the Booking's docs with your guest, you should:
- Go to the Masterdocs tab for the Booking in question.
- Click Share to the right of the document you wish to make available in the guest portal.
That will open a popup window where you can customize an email to your guest. Click Share without Email if you do not wish to send an email at this time.
- Confirm the recipients of your message. Click Next.
- You may select an Email Template from the General Templates Dropdown, or else, click Use a Blank Template.
- Customize your email message.
- Click Send.
- On the Booking Details page, click Edit.
- Change the Booking status from Prospect to Tentative. Agree to update the Events to Tentative as well. Update.
A Tentative Status will hold the rooms for the requested date and time. That way, another Prospective Booking does not accidentally reserve the space while you await your guest’s signature. Once you have it, you can change the status to Definite.
Your guest will be able to open the document attached to your email, sign their name, and authorize their card and/or pay their Deposit online if your business integrates with a payment processor.
Pro-Tip: It is important to click the Share button because that ensures you have the option to unshare the Contract if it should no longer be accessible in the Guest’s portal. If you choose not to “Share” but copy and paste the Masterdoc’s link instead, there is no way to revoke their access to it in the Portal.
Clicking Share also matters if your business integrates with a payment processor. Clicking Share activates the online payments portion of the Guest Portal. Your guests will only be able to authorize their card and pay online if you have clicked Share to the right of at least one Booking doc AND if they are listed as a contact for the Booking.
Article is closed for comments.