If your venue does not already have an Internal Banquet Event Order (BEO), you may wish to create one. An Internal BEO is designed with your team in mind. It contains many of the fields present on the guest-facing BEO, but does not have any pricing. That way, the Internal BEO better highlights the need-to-know logistic information relevant to your staff. This article will explain the steps you can take to create this type of document layout.
The easiest way to create an internal document layout, such as a BEO, would be to copy an existing document and then add and/or remove sections from there.
To create an Internal BEO:
- Go to Settings > Documents > Banquet Event Order (Edit Layout).
- Select Duplicate Layout in the upper left to create a ‘Banquet Event Order - Copy’.
- Click on the copied Banquet Event Order under the Document Menu on the left, and then ‘Layout Properties’ in the upper left to:
a) Rename the layout to notate that it is internal, such as ‘Banquet Event Order- Internal’
b) Check off the ‘Internal Only’ box (this will disable the ‘Share' button on the event or booking).
- To hide the financial information from appearing:
a) Click on the Multiple Events Table. That will open a horizontal editing bar. Under Columns, uncheck the F&B Minimum and Rental amounts.
b) Click directly on each Picklist and uncheck ‘Show Pricing.'
c) Click on the Billing fields and select ‘Remove Field.’
- Finally, if you have a text field in your template like Internal Notes or Staff Instructions where you detail out staff-oriented notes, add that to the Internal BEO by dragging the field from the left Layout Items and dropping it on the page.
a) To give that a header, click on another field's header. Copy the text and formatting. Click back onto the new field, select Enable Header > Header. Paste the header you've copied and adjust the text as needed.
Pro Tip: Any time that you create a new document template or layout, you will need to update existing user roles to give folks permission to use that on events or bookings. To update a user role so they can leverage this new document layout, a Customer Admin should:
- Go to Settings > User Roles > Name of a role.
- Scroll to Document Templates and Layouts.
- Click on the name of the new layout you’ve just created.
- Click Update.
- Repeat for all user roles who need access to this layout.
Article is closed for comments.