A critical report for any Tripleseat user, this one is helpful for accountants and leadership team members who want to stay on top of their payment pipeline. Each row in this report will reflect an unpaid payment or an outstanding amount owed for an event.
To run this report:
- Go to Reports.
- Scroll to Event Payment Reports. Click Outstanding.
You will also see another pre-set option called Overdue. Both Outstanding and Overdue refer to payments that have not been made. However, Overdue will only show payments that have a payment due date that has since passed. Because payments do not require a due date, filtering just for Overdue may exclude outstanding amounts that you'd like to view in the results. For that reason, we recommend using the Outstanding option.
- On the next page, click Customize. This will open a popup window where you can further refine your search.
- Make sure to check off Total Outstanding. Even if an event does not have a payment created, as long as there is still an amount due, that amount will appear as a line in the report.
- You may wish to filter by owner (to see only outstanding payments for events belonging to you) or to filter by location (to see only outstanding payments belonging to one of your locations in Tripleseat). Otherwise, if you are an accountant and want to see the whole picture, do not apply any filters.
FILTER BY DATE RANGE
- Next click on the Event Details tab. Here is where you can filter so that you only see payments relating to events during a certain status or date range.
- Click into the Event Date field. Use the dropdown calendar selector to set a timeframe.
If your venue has a long sales cycle and books months or years out, filtering by event date range will make it so only more relevant events appear in the results.
- You may also wish to filter by Status.
GROUP & SORT
- Click on this tab if you’d like to arrange the order in which payments display. You may wish to group by location or by the event owner. I like to sort this by Event Date.
CUSTOMIZE COLUMN DATA
- Click on the Columns tab. Here is where you can check off what information you’d like to be included as columns for each payment record. Uncheck any columns irrelevant to your search.
- Run Report.
Now you have a list of outstanding payments. Once you have that report as you like, you may click Save or Export in the upper right. The former will allow you to give the report a name, share it with teammates, and pin that so when you return to Reports in Tripleseat, that saved option shows near the type of report question. The latter will allow you to download a CSV file of that data so you can continue working with it in Excel or Numbers.
Article is closed for comments.