The following instructions will teach you how to pull a GRC or “group rooms control” report during a given timeframe. This report will provide a GRC snapshot broken out by month and booking status and also show daily and total rooms, revenue, and average daily rates. This report is very basic & clean!
This information would be most interesting to anyone in leadership looking to review what groups are on the books every day of the calendar month for the year. This report can be run annually or monthly.
The monthly GRC report will allow you to review monthly group room block totals, revenue, and average daily rates by booking status for guest rooms. You can quickly review group room block data every month. The annual GRC report will allow you to review group room block totals, revenue, and average daily rates by booking status for every calendar month of the selected year. You can quickly review group room block data with an organization that works for you.
To run these reports:
- Go to reports on your left-hand navigation.
- Click Advanced Reporting in the top right corner.
- Under “booking reports,” on the left-hand side, you will see the option to run the Annual GRC or Monthly GRC. Click whichever one you are looking to run.
Filter what data appears:
- Click on the filters button at the top right corner. This report can only be customized to the extent of the filters. You can filter by month, year, location, market segment, owner, or guest room type
- After you are done selecting your filters, click update in the bottom right corner.
You will now see the data populated by month & status, starting with definite, tentative, prospect & closed (if applicable.) At the very end of each month, you will see “totals.”
The report is structured to display data for agreed, blocked, forecast & picked-up room nights. As you scroll to the far right, you will see the totals for each booking.
The totals section at the bottom of every month (in gray) displays the same information to include all statuses but for the month as a whole. You will see these numbers displayed vertically.
You can export this report to a CSV or a PDF by clicking on the export button in the top right corner.
Bookmarking your reports is an option as well! Click the bookmark icon & save the report with a name. From here, this will now be saved under this report for you to reference back to later. You can share or delete this bookmark at any time.
Article is closed for comments.