If you have the New Booking button in the upper right of your screen in Tripleseat, that means your business creates documents and records payment on the booking level. With this type of setup, one of the most powerful reports available to you is a Booking Details report. In this type of report, each row represents a booking and you can customize which columns appear to produce a snapshot of booking financials, logistics, and more. And if you are a Hotel using Tripleseat, you can also include column information relating to any connected Room Blocks. The article that follows will explain how to run this type of report.
To run this report:
- Go to Reports.
- Scroll to Booking Details Report. Click Custom underneath.
- On the next page, click Customize. This will open a window where you can further refine your search.
FILTER WHAT YOU WANT TO APPEAR
- Click into the Booking Start Date and Booking End Date fields to set a timeframe around which bookings you’d like to appear. For instance, maybe you want to filter for bookings whose start date occurs in the next three months, but you do not wish to limit the end date.
You may wish to limit the results further to only see bookings of a certain status (Definite / Closed) or bookings owned by a Tripleseat user.
GROUP & SORT
- Click on this tab if you’d like to arrange the order in which the bookings will display. It is common to sort by Start Date, and group by Location if they have multiple locations in Tripleseat. If no additional locations, you can group by Month or leave it blank so that it only sorts by Start Date.
CUSTOMIZE COLUMN DATA
- Click on the Columns tab. Here is where you can check off what information you’d like to be included as columns on the report. You can navigate between the Column Groups on the left to review all potential data points you may include. Uncheck any columns irrelevant to your search.
To control the order that the data will appear in on the report, drag the column headers up or down in the “Selected Colums” box on the far right.
- Run Report. You can further refine as needed by clicking back into the Customize button.
- You may Export the report as a CSV, or click Save in the upper right. You can give the report a name and choose other Tripleseat users to share it with. If you do, the next time they go to Reports, they will find that report to the right of the Booking Details report section for their review.
Article is closed for comments.