For the convenience of both your guests and your accounting team, you may wish to include an invoice number on your documents. This is a simple and quick-to-implement edit, which will give you and your guests an event-specific invoice number that is searchable within Tripleseat. The below instructions reference how to add an invoice number to the Invoice layout specifically; however, you can use this workflow to add the invoice number to any document layout you need (such as the Contract, BEO, Invoice, Kitchen Sheet, etc.).
- Navigate to Settings > Documents > Invoice (Edit Layout).
- Click into the header textbox. When you do, a horizontal edit content bar will appear in the lower section of the screen. Click in to add the text "INVOICE #:"
- Right-click to view and insert a merge field.
a) If you have the 'New Event' button in the upper right hand of your screen, go to the Event Fields folder and choose 'ID.'
b) If you have 'New Booking' in the upper right of your screen, go to the Booking Fields folder and select 'ID.'
- Style that text as desired. In this example, I bolded the text and used the Formats > Alignment > Right.
- When you have finished adding the merge field, click ‘Save Layout’ in the top left corner.
Now, all Invoices will pull the ID number for the event or booking in question. That ID can be found in the URL of the event details page in reference, can be searched for in the Tripleseat search bar, and can be included as a column in an Event Details or Booking Details report.