Because of the way email forwarding works in Tripleseat, when you send a message, rather than capturing the whole conversation up to that point, Tripleseat only sends the most recent reply from you or your guest. That is why if you reply from your mail client, it is so important to always type above the dotted line separating the previous email from the new reply. If you were to reply in the body of the email sent to you, that text would not get captured in Tripleseat.
That will be true unless you leverage a feature called, “Include this Email in Guest(s) Response.” For instances where your guest needs to email directly in the body of your message (Example: they need to answer a list of questions), you can check the box, “Include this Email in Guests Response.” This will ensure that even if they type their answers in the body of your original message, that information will get captured in Tripleseat.
This button is available in Tripleseat through the Email Editor and it can be pre-emptively checked off on Discussion Email Templates in Settings. The instructions that follow explain how to use it in both places.
How to “Include in this Email in Guest(s) Response” via the Email Editor
- Go to the Lead, Event, or Booking where you wish to send your message.
- Go to the Discussions tab.
- Expand either Staff General Discussion or Guest General Discussion. Click Use Email Editor.
- In the popup window, confirm guest recipients and click Next.
- Click Use a Blank Template (or select an Email Template if you prefer).
- Type your email and check off Include this Email in Guest(s)’ Response before hitting Send.
How to set Email Templates so “Include in this Email in Guest(s) Response” is checked by default
- Go to Settings > Discussion Email Templates > Edit.
- Check Include this Email in Guest(s) Response.
- Repeat for templates as needed.